Free Typing Lessons
Typing Lessons is a free touch typing course running directly in your browser. It assists you to practice your keyboard skills efficiently and therefore increase your typing speed immensely.Many people tried to learn to type but unable to speed up their typing over 30 WPM. But the typing lessons efficetively increase your "WPM" typing speed.
Before start typing lessons
- Sit straight with your spin position straight.
- Keep your elbows bent at the right angle.
- Face the screen with your head slightly tilted forward.
- Maintain distance between your eyes and screen should be 45 to 70 cm.
- Wrist can touch tabletop and place your finger on the keyboard. Never shift your body weight to your wrist. Avoid strain on the shoulder, arms and wrist muscles.
How to type?
The home row is a middel row of the keyboard that is central to all the other row. Positioning your fingers over the home row keys that is ASDF and JKL; allows you to more easily to reach other rows on the keyboard.
Place your fingers and put them on the ASDF and JKL; keys which are located in the middle row of the letter keys. This row is called HOME ROW because you always start from these keys and always return to them.
You can feel slightly rised line on F and J keys under your index fingers, You have find these keys without looking to the keybord.
You can see the image below in this keyboard layout you can find color-coded keys this color represents your finger position. The green color represents your Index finger position, yellow color dedicated to your middle finger, and Orange/Pink color keys for your ring and pinky finger.
Tips for touch typing to increase your typing speed
- Do not look at the keybord when start typing.
- Practicing more and more to increase your typing speed.
- Increase your typing speed slowly, do not rush
- Practicing typing lessons we provided in our site Typing Lesson.
- Limit your hand and finger movement only to what is necessary to press a specific key. Keep your hands and fingers close to the base position. This improves typing speed and reduces stress on the hands.
What if you are beginner typing lessons help to increase typing speed?
If you are the beginner in touch typing, It’s not a problem, You can join or try our 40 day long free typing lessons with practice. It will very helpful for beginners. In this lesson, you will learn all the rules of touch typing with on screen guided keyboard with fingers instruction and practice on our unique lessons to increase your typing speed.
First Focusing on Accuracy rather then speed
A major mistake that almost every person does, by focusing on the typing speed only. It would be best if you concentrate on the error-free typing. Remember, accuracy is more important than typing speed. For example, if you have 90 WPM speed but an accuracy rate of just 80%, that's mean you need a very long time to rectify the errors. So ultimately, you can see that your average typing speed will decrease a lot. Focus on the accuracy first after that speed. If you do practice regularly, your typing speed will increase automatically.